Wood Debris Removal
Check the status of an appointment if you have already submitted this form and have received a transaction number.
|1. Sign up for an appointment||2. Confirm||3. Print|
All residents of Queens and Brooklyn must arrange a pick-up time when discarding any and all tree prunings, firewood, and other organic woody debris.
This service is not available in The Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island.
- All wood debris must be free of nails, cement, or any other non-wood materials.
- Debris must be bundled in bales no larger than 3 by 4 feet. Bundles must be tied with twine or rope.
- Do not use nylon line, tape, or other binding material to bundle woody debris.
- No single piece of debris can be greater than 4 feet long or 10 inches wide.
- Maximum amount of bundles per pick up is currently 30.
As of May 14, 2013, the quarantine zone covering Manhattan and Staten Island was lifted and it is no longer necessary for residents in those boroughs to make an appointment with Parks for private wood debris pick-up. Please refer to NYC Department of Sanitation guidelines for wood debris disposal in these boroughs.